We love where we live and work. I am not from Montclair originally (Las Vegas) but so lucky to live and work in this amazing town. My boyfriend was born and raised here and has never left. His grandmother was actually the first woman to get her driver's license in this town, so cool! Montclair has become a destination in recent years and here are six great reasons why:
1) The George just recently opened and now makes it possible for out of towners to come, stay and really experience all that Montclair has to offer. Bobbi Brown and husband Steven Plofker transformed this forgotten inn into a cool boutique hotel in the heart of Montclair.
2) Van Vleck House was formerly a private estate. These private gardens are open to the public daily free of change and right down the street from The George.
3) Jave Love is our morning destination. With two locations on opposites sides of town, you are never far away from a great cup of java and the baristas are all about making you feel welcome.
4) The Corner is our first choice for breakfast or lunch. Delicious and healthy and our favorite juice in town.
5) Jaipure Yoga is where we go to get our zen in. Amazing teachers and best of all Jaipure has classes throughout the day and evening.
6) De Nova is our go to after work spot during the week. Betsy and I love having a drink at the bar and usually end up ordering dinner from the European pub-inspired menu. Great drinks, amazing food and the added bonus of watching the commuter train passing by, what a great way to end the day.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you are planning a visit to Montclair and would like other recommendations, we love to share.